Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding the treatment of personal information. This Policy does not apply to the information you provide to Joseph Giles or to the information that Joseph Giles may collect offline and/or through other means. It also does not apply to the information collected by another affiliated or third-party website or application that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
By using the Website, you agree that whenever you submit personal information via the Website, Joseph Giles can collect, use, and disclose that information in accordance with this Policy.
Information Collected from You
Joseph Giles does not collect your personal information without your knowledge or permission and does not ask you for such information to access and the Website.
Joseph Giles may collect the following information from you:
- The personal information you voluntarily provide, such as your full name and email address.
- Passive information collected as you use the Website, which may include your IP address and cookies.
Information you voluntarily provide:
- Personal information that you provide when prompted by the Website. This includes certain functions on the Website, such as making an enquiry or downloading a product card.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact Joseph Giles.
Information such as IP addresses and cookies:
- By using our Website, certain information may be passively collected (without you providing the information). Joseph Giles may collect information about your computer and internet connection, such as your IP address, operating system and browser. This information is collected to aggregate data including browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- The Website may use “cookies” to collect information about how the Website is used which allows Joseph Giles to enhance your user experience. A “cookie” helps the Website remember information about you and your preferences. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on computer viruses, or capture your e-mail address.
- Pages of the Website may contain tags to monitor users who have visited those pages and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content). They are not used to access personal information and are only used to compile statistics concerning use of the Website.
- The Website is not intended for children, and Joseph Giles will not knowingly collect information from Website visitors under the age of 16.
Use and Disclosure of Information and Personal Data
Subject to the terms of this Policy, Joseph Giles may use your information and personal data to improve the content of the Website, to customise content to your preferences, to communicate information to you for our marketing and research purposes, and for the purposes specified in this Policy. Any information and personal data you provide through the Website will not be sold, rented or published.
- Joseph Giles’ subsidiaries, sister companies and affiliates; including www.envosystems.com
- Contractors and service providers Joseph Giles uses to support its business and its Website, i.e. technical support, Global Distributors, etc.;
The legal basis for our processing of data is generally pursuant to our “legitimate interests” which are providing our products and services to our industry. The legal basis for our data processing may also include where we have your consent (e.g. for marketing communications).
We will communicate in a range of ways such as post, email, social media platforms or telephone. Our communications may include transactional information, service messages or marketing collateral. You have the right to opt out of receiving future marketing communications in the footer of each email we send to you. However, you cannot opt out of receiving transaction or service messages from us unless you specifically request that we delete your data completely.
When required by applicable laws or court orders, Joseph Giles may disclose your information and personal data.
Retention of your data
Due to the nature of our industry and the length of development projects, data will be retained on both company and individual level for ten years.
Right of Access, Modification, Correction and Removal
You have the right to access, modify, correct and remove your personal information and you may contact Joseph Giles at any time in this regard. You can do this by emailing [email protected] or calling 0208 680 2602.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to your data being processed at any time. You can do this by emailing [email protected] or calling 0208 680 2602.
Protecting your information and personal data is of primary concern to Joseph Giles. The information and personal data that is collected is stored on secure servers, and Joseph Giles takes reasonable precautions to protect it.
However, Joseph Giles cannot warrant and does not represent that our level of security meets or exceeds any specific standards. No internet transmission is 100% secure, nor is stored data free from vulnerabilities. Joseph Giles cannot guarantee the security of the Website, databases or services, nor guarantee that the personal information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Joseph Giles is not responsible for the actions of third parties.
Joseph Giles reserves the right to modify, alter or otherwise update this Policy from time to time and you agree to be bound by such modifications, alterations or updates. If this Policy changes, the revised policy will be posted on the Website. Please check back periodically and/or before you provide any personally identifiable information.
You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, you should first make your complaint to the Information Commissioner. Their contact details are available on their website www.ico.gov.uk.
Governing law and jurisdiction
English law governs this privacy statement and any dispute or claim related to it. Each party agrees that the English courts have exclusive jurisdiction over this privacy statement and any dispute or claim related to it.