- Subject to the exclusions in paragraph 3 below, Joseph Giles Ltd (Joseph Giles) warrants that all of its products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for the whole of the Warranty Period (as defined in paragraph 2), provided that the products are properly installed and used for the purpose for which they are intended.
- The Warranty Period will begin on the date of delivery and will last for:
- 5 years for all door closers and door controlling devices; and
- 10 years for all other products.
Exclusions from Warranty
- The following are excluded from this warranty:
- normal wear and tear (even where the product is used as intended);
- improper storage, installation or maintenance of the product;
- modifications to the product not approved by Joseph Giles;
- the use of parts or attachments not approved by Joseph Giles;
- non-observance of any safety precautions, warnings or operating and maintenance instructions provided by Joseph Giles;
- misuse, accident or unreasonable or abnormal usage;
- damage to any finishes, whether standard or bespoke, including leathers and shagreens; and
- any labour charges, removal or reinstallation expenses, freight or postage.
- Joseph Giles will decide in its sole discretion whether any of the above exclusions apply.
Making a Warranty Claim
- All claims under this warranty must be made in writing to Joseph Giles Ltd, 7 Imperial Way, Croydon CR0 4RR, detailing the nature of the alleged defect, together with photographs and proof of purchase. All claims should be made as soon as reasonably possible after becoming aware of the alleged defect and must in any event be received by Joseph Giles within the Warranty Period. The customer must provide any other information and evidence reasonably required by Joseph Giles and, if requested, must (at Joseph Giles’ option) either:
- return the product to Joseph Giles, carriage paid; or
- permit Joseph Giles access to inspect the product.
- Joseph Giles will investigate all claims received under this warranty and will inform you within 30 days whether the claim has been accepted.
- If Joseph Giles accepts your warranty claim, Joseph Giles shall (at its option) either:
- repair or make good the defective product;
- replace the defective product; or
- if an exact replacement of the product is unavailable (e.g. if the product has been discontinued), refund the price originally paid for the product by the customer, in each case including paying all reasonable costs relating to the transportation of the product between the parties.
- If Joseph Giles elects to repair or make good the product and the work is to be carried out at the customer’s premises, the customer shall grant Joseph Giles such access to the premises and the product as Joseph Giles may require for that purpose.
- Following a repair or replacement under paragraph 7, any remaining Warranty Period will continue in effect and will be applicable to the repaired or replaced product.
- The remedies in paragraph 7 constitute your sole remedies under this warranty, but do not affect any other rights or remedies you may be entitled to by law. In particular, if you are a consumer, the remedies in paragraph 7 shall not affect your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.