THE STEP-BY-STEP FORMULA TO A SUCCESSFUL HARDWARE PROJECT
1. A realisation by all parties that hardware is very necessary but technically demanding component of any project.
2. Plenty of time given – understanding with both parties of timescales and lead times.
3. The following documents/information provided:
a. Full door schedule with all door/window sizes and necessary details and dimensions – see list below as a bare minimum:
i. Door height
ii. Door width
iii. Door thickness
iv. Door stile depths
v. Rebated stile details
vi. Frame details
b. Door drawings of the different door types. GA plans with corresponding door numbers.
4. As project progresses – any changes to doors/windows immediately sent to JG.
5. Site meeting with contractor/joinery contractor before order to finalise the hardware schedule.
6. Detailed CAD drawings prepared for all special/bespoke items and signed off by all parties.
7. All revisions to hardware schedule agreed and understood by all parties involved, and then an order placed.